What personal data Taksi Helsinki collects
How we may use your personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
Who Taksi Helsinki may disclose your personal data to
How Taksi Helsinki protects your personal data
Your privacy rights
How long Taksi Helsinki keeps your personal data
Contacting Taksi Helsinki
1. What personal data Taksi Helsinki collects
Personal data is in most cases collected directly from you or generated as part of the use of our services and products. Sometimes additional information is required to keep information up to date or to verify information we collect.
The personal data we collect can be grouped into the following categories:
- Identification information: national identification number and name. We are in some cases obliged to collect documentation of such information, for instance in the form of copies of your passport, driver’s license, or the like.
- Contact information: phone numbers and addresses, including postal addresses and -mail addresses
- location data
Personal data we may collect from you:
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, when becoming a new customer, we collect personal data, such as name, national identification number, e-mail address and phone number, income and debt information to be able to provide you with the product or service in question. Taksi Helsinki also collects information which you provide us with such as messages you have sent us, e.g. feedback or a request in our digital channels. Calls and chat conversations with you may also be recorded and logged for verification of orders, documentation, and for quality and improvement purposes. For security purposes, we may have cameras in our offices.
Personal data that we may collect from third parties:
- Publicly available and other external sources; register held by governmental agencies (such as population registers and registers held by tax authorities, company registration offices.
- From other entities in the Taksi Helsinki Group or other entities which we collaborate with.
2. How Taksi Helsinki may use your personal data and the lawful basis for doing so
We use your personal data to comply with legal and contractual obligations as well as to provide you with offers, advice and services.
Entering into and administration of service and product agreements (performance of a contract)
The main purpose of our processing of personal data is to collect, verify, and process personal data prior to giving an offer and entering into a contract with you as well as documenting, administering and completing tasks for the performance of contracts.
Examples of the performance of a contract:
- customer service during the contract period (taxi owners and drivers)
- Fulfilment of requirements and obligations for us stated in laws, regulations or decisions from authorities and supervisors (legal obligation)
In addition to the performance of contract, processing of personal data also takes place for us to fulfil our obligations under law, other regulations or authority decisions.
Examples of processing due to legal obligations:
- Bookkeeping regulations
- Reporting to tax authorities, police authorities, enforcements authorities, supervisory authorities
Marketing, product- and customer analysis; employment relationship (legitimate interest)
Personal data is also processed in the context of marketing, product- and customer analyses. This processing forms the basis for marketing, process-, business- and system- development, including testing. This is to improve our product range and optimize our customer offerings. This may also involve profiling (see below).
Taksi Helsinki has a legitimate interest to use profiling for example when conducting customer analysis for marketing purposes or monitoring transactions in order to detect frauds.
There are situations when Taksi Helsinki will ask for your consent to process your personal data. Example of such a situation is registration of Taksi Helsinki application. The consent will contain information on that specific processing activity. If you have given consent to a processing of your personal data you can always withdraw the consent.
3. Who Taksi Helsinki may disclose your personal data to
Taksi Helsinki may share your personal data with others such as authorities, Taksi Helsinki Group companies, suppliers and business partners. To fulfill services and agreements we have to disclose information about you.
Third parties and Taksi Helsinki Group companies
To provide our services we disclose data about you that is necessary to identify you and perform an assignment or agreement with companies that we cooperate with in order to perform our services.
We also disclose personal data to authorities to the extent we are under statutory obligation to do so. Such authorities include tax authorities, police authorities, enforcements authorities and supervisory authorities.
In addition, data are disclosed, with your consent or if this is permitted pursuant to legislation, internally in Taksi Helsinki Group and to external business partners.
We have entered into agreements with selected suppliers, which include processing of personal data on behalf of us. Examples thereof are suppliers of IT development, maintenance, hosting and support.
Third country transfers
In some cases, Taksi Helsinki may also transfer personal data to organisations in so-called third countries (countries outside of the European Economic Area). Such transfers can be made if any of the following conditions apply;
- the EU Commission has decided that there is an adequate level of protection in the country in question, or
- other appropriate safeguards have been taken, for example the use of the standard contractual clauses (EU model-clauses) approved by the EU Commission or the data processor has valid Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) in place.
4. How Taksi Helsinki protects your personal data
Keeping your personal data safe and secure is at the centre of how Taksi Helsinki does business. We use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction
5. Your privacy rights
You as a data subject have rights in respect of personal data Taksi Helsinki holds on you. You have the following rights;
- a) request access to your personal data. You have a right to access the personal data we are keeping about you. In many cases this information is already present to you in your online services from us.
- b) request correction of incorrect or incomplete data. If the data are incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to have the data rectified, with the restrictions that follow from legislation.
- c) request erasure. You have the right request erasure of your data in case;
you withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legitimate reason for processing,
you object to the processing and there is no justified reason for continuing the processing,
you object to processing for direct marketing,
processing is unlawful or
when processing personal data on minors, if the data was collected in connection with the provision of information society services.
- d) limitation of processing of personal data. If you contest the correctness of the data which we have registered about you or lawfulness of processing, or if you have objected to the processing of the data in accordance with your right to object, you may request us to restrict the processing of these data to only storage. The processing will only be restricted to storage, until the correctness of the data can be established, or it can be checked whether our legitimate interests override your interests.
If you are not entitled to erasure of the data which we have registered about you, you may instead request that we restrict the processing of these data to only storage. If the processing of the data which we have registered about you is solely necessary to assert a legal claim, you may also demand that other processing of these data be restricted to storage. We may process your data for other purposes if this is necessary to assert a legal claim or if you have granted your consent to this.
- e) object to processing based on our legitimate interest. You can always object to the processing of personal data about you for direct marketing and profiling in connection to such marketing.
- f) data portability. You have a right to receive personal data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format. This right applies to personal data processed only by automated means and on the basis consent or of fulfilling a contract. Where secure and technically feasible the data can also be transmitted to another data controller by us.
Your request to exercise your rights as listed above will be assessed given the circumstances in the individual case. Please note that we may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Taksi Helsinki collects, processes and analyses data regarding the use of our webpages. Traffic data is data connected to visitors on the webpage and data handled in communication fields for sending, distributing or making messages available.
You can set or amend your web browser controls to accept or reject cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our websites and some services, however your access to some functionality and areas of our website or services may be restricted substantially.
For more information, see cookies at the footer of our website taksihelsinki.fi.
7. How long Taksi Helsinki processes your personal data
We will keep your data for as long as they are needed for the purposes for which your data was collected and processed or required by laws and regulations.
This means that we keep your data for as long as necessary for the performance of a contract and as required by retention requirements in laws and regulations.
9. Contacting Taksi Helsinki
Taksi Helsinki Group has appointed a Data Protection Officer that you can contact by sending a message to:
or by sending a letter to:
Taksi Helsinki Oy